Sunday, October 14, 2007

PONSHOP: Commissioned Painting

We Will Walk This Path Together (2007) 15.5"x15.5" Collage, Acrylic, Spray Paint on Paper

I've had the pleasure of meeting a great couple that happen to be big fans of both my work and Scarlett's ceramics. Needless to say, one thing led to another and I was commissioned to make a collage/mixed media piece for the wife to give to the husband on their second anniversary in September.
The piece, titled "We Will Walk This Path Together" incorporates a variety of images that the wife had passed on to me to include in the composition. Maps, song lyrics, and photos taken on their first hike together were put through the PONSHOP spin cycle to cook up a new imagery that evokes intimacy in the past, present, and future that this young couple will share for the rest of their lives.


For inquiries into commissioned paintings, contact me at: gpons@ponshopstudio.com.

No comments: