Sunday, March 15, 2009

Latest Painting: "My Baby Wants to Rock and Roll #3"

Below is the most recent painting completed: "My Baby Wants to Rock and Roll #3." Many have seen and/or worn this graphic over the years, and I've always wanted to keep pushing it and explore some new aspects. I did this by building a wood panel and using collage (made from newspaper and magazine scraps as well as printed song lyrics). This led to some interesting conditions between the pattern and text in the background and the stenciled figure on top.

"My Baby Wants To Rock and Roll #3", Mixed Media on Wood Panel, 30"x30" SOLD (click image to enlarge)

"My Baby Wants To Rock and Roll #3" detail

4 comments:

Platypus Jones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

this looks great!

Scarlett and Gabriel Pons said...

Thanks Erich - yeah "remix" is the right term - adding more layers and hopefully making the content richer. I'll take payment installments - just let me see if it gets juried in to this upcoming "Urban Art" show in Alexandria....

Platypus Jones said...

Just giving you a hard time, you go right ahead and sell that bad boy... I'll invest in the PONSHOP in other ways :)